Monday, December 12, 2005

Eight Questions with Luke314pi


The “Eight Questions” column will appear regularly at Minimate Headquarters. In it I interview minimate customizers and other fans of minimates. This interview is with Luke314pi, maker of the custom Ultron pictured here.

1. Which was the first Minimate you ever purchased?
The Spider-Man / Carnage set. I told myself I would ONLY be buying this set, and no more. I still laugh about that one.

2. What is the average length of time in hours does it take for you to make a custom minimate?
It usually takes 2 hours total, but it can take more depending on the complexity of the custom.

3. Of the minimates you’ve made, which custom is your absolute favorite?
That is a hard question! I am the most proud of my Brood custom, because it changes the shape of the standard minimate, while still keeping the same style and parts. But my favorite custom is probably my Ultron minimate, since it was my first one.

4. How much money do you think the average custom minimate is worth?
I think most custom minimates are worth around $25. There are exceptions, of course, as eBay has proven over and over again.

5. Do you own a Gold Spidey?
Nope.

6. If all of the Marvel Minimates fought all of the DC Minimates, who would win and why?
Marvel would win through sheer force of numbers. Batman could take Spider-Man, but could he take 6 Spider-Mans at once? I don't think so!

7. What is your best trick or secret for customizing minimates?
Sharpie makes a silver permanent marker that is very helpful for customizing minimates, especially for metal parts or highlights.

8. White Queen or Catwoman?
White Queen. I am sweating just thinking about her!

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Ultron has been a fave of mine for a long time, and due to Lukes kindly nature he's now resting neatly in my display case!
:)

BTW Great Site JP :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home