Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Minimates Gathering Press


Minimates and Art Asylum are getting press all over the place. First off, check out Adam Unger's interview in the trade magazine The Licensing Book here. (The group shot of the Minimates looks cool!)

Next, the Washington Times covers Art Asylum's work at the recent New York Toy Fair. Read the article here. (I think some of the facts are a little shaky - 3.5 inch minimates?)

The March issue of Previews Magazine describes the collection feature of Toyfare Issue #107. Yes, they will be none other than the Marvel Minimates! Read about it here.

Finally, a recent article in ICv2 suggests that Marvel Minimates Series 12 and 13 will be on the shelves in November and December respectively. Argh! Read about it here. (Luckily, the article also says that we won't see the Dartide DVD until May - and I got mine three days ago. Hopefully they are three months off on Series 12 and 13 too!)

When I started this website, I took some flak from people who told me the Minimates line was dead and dying. I was "a day late and a dollar short". I think we can gather from all the recent news that Minimates are far from being dead.

As Rob at RavingToyManiac explains, "From my Diamond Select tour, they have big plans for more minimates and hopefully we'll have a much better idea of them by SDCC and for the fall. But the line ain't going away..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home