Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Eight Questions With Cloneme


The “Eight Questions” column appears regularly at Minimate Headquarters. In it I interview minimate customizers and other fans of minimates. This interview is with Cloneme, maker of the custom Scarlet Spider pictured here.

1. When you first started collecting Minimates, which one was your early favorite?
As much as I love Spider-Man My Favorite was actually Daredevil. He had his billy clubs and it was so small and awesome. To tell you the truth I think I carried it around in my pocket for like a week...until I almost lost it at a bar.

2. Of all the custom Minimates you’ve ever seen (or made), which one do you like the best?
It's kind of like picking a favorite child.....I really like my Scarlet Spider customs. It keeps true to minimate form, simpleness and detail. As you'll soon see, it keeps getting better and better.

3. Do you own a Santa Spidey?
Who wants to know?....Yes.

4. Which was the most difficult custom or custom design you’ve ever made?
My 8" Maximate was the most difficult. trying to make sure everything moved and fit together like it's 2" counterpart. Challenging. Just the way I like it.

5. If all of the Custom Minimates in the gallery fought all of the official Minimates, who would win and why?
Custom minimates. Hands down. DST doesn't have the balls to make some of the oddball characters or fan favorites that we[customizers] have.

6. If you could have one new character made into Minimate form, which would you choose?
ooooooh. Scarlet Spider. But one I haven't done yet: Task Master or Apocalypse.

7. What is the most you would pay to get an official Minimate 3 pack containing WonderWoman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman?
Retail? $25

8. Batman or Wolverine?
Dark Claw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home