Sunday, January 29, 2006

Eight Questions With Slipperyduckie


The “Eight Questions” column appears regularly at Minimate Headquarters. In it I interview minimate customizers and other fans of minimates. This interview is with Slipperyduckie, maker of the custom Archangel pictured here.

1. When you first started collecting Minimates, which one was your early favorite?
Spider-man. No question because it looked spot on and perfect, and it still does.

2. Of all the custom Minimates you’ve ever seen (or made), which one do you like the best?
I really like my New X-men Archangel I made. I was totally inspired by the poster for the new Darktide movie coming out. Plus hes always been one of my favorite characters.

3. Do you own a Santa Spidey?
Yep. I was lucky enough to buy one off Toywiz along time ago.

4. Which was the most difficult custom or custom design you’ve ever made?
My New X-men Archangel was pretty hard to make since I had to do the sanding and super glueing for the Pocket Superhero Hawkgirl wings he has. Then I had to make the silver parts on the chest really precise since it was using a really fat sharpie for it.

5. If all of the Custom Minimates in the gallery fought all of the official Minimates, who would win and why?
The customs probably since they would outnumber all of them. Plus they're are like two different versions of each custom character.

6. If you could have one new character made into Minimate form, which would you choose?
I would say Archangel, I love mine but I would like an official one made.

7. What is the most you would pay to get an official Minimate 3 pack containing WonderWoman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman?
Maybe $20 because I love all those characters. Besides, it would be a miracle to see anymore DC minimates made.

8. Batman or Wolverine?
Batman, I loved the character ever since I saw him in the old cartoon. He has all the gadgets and skill, and he would probably find a way to outsmart Wolverine anyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home