Friday, December 16, 2005

Eight Questions with Boyd


This “Eight Questions” column will be the last at Minimate Headquarters until 2006. Check back in January for a whole new list of questions and all new interviews! This interview is with Boyd, maker of the custom Batroc the Leaper minimate pictured here.

1. Which was the first Minimate you ever purchased?
I think the first Minimates I bought was the Black Costume Spider-Man 2-pack that I found in a Suncoast. The next day I went and bought the rest of the Spider-Man Minimates. But I admitted I was hooked when I made a special trip to Tower Records to get the exclusive Silver Surfer.

2. What is the average length of time in hours does it take for you to make a custom minimate?
It takes me about 3 - 6 hours for me to do an average Minimate.

3. Of the minimates you’ve made, which custom is your absolute favorite?
I don't know if I have a favorite - usually it's the most recent one I've finished. But I really do like how my Batroc the Leaper custom turned out.

4. How much money do you think the average custom minimate is worth?
The average Minimate custom is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. Though I think there's a good market for well-done customs.

5. Do you own a Gold Spidey?
I do not have a Gold Spidey. By my wife won a Silver Spidey this year.

6. If all of the Marvel Minimates fought all of the DC Minimates, who would win and why?
The Marvel Minimates would win because there are more of them - the Wolverine & Spider-Man variants alone outnumber all the DC Minimates made.

7. What is your best trick or secret for customizing minimates?
Customizing becomes easier with practice and confidence. I'm doing figures now that I wouldn't have tried last year. Which means someday I'll figure out how to do that Plastic Man Minimate that I want.

8. White Queen or Catwoman?
Catwoman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home