Thursday, November 24, 2005

Review of the Missing: Lex Luthor


To do something new and different at Minimate Headquarters, I thought I would review some Minimates that have never been made. Yes, it is an odd concept, but I thought it would be fun none-the-less. I have chosen for the first Review of the Missing the Lex Luthor minimate.

Lex Luthor is one of the most infamous villains in the DC universe. He is the constant nemesis of Superman and an unrelenting world conqueror to be. Lex Luther seems to embody the quintessential essence of the power-mad super-villain. He is arguably the most famous super-villain around.

The picture of the Lex Luthor Minimate comes from Raving Toy Maniacs. He was displayed as a prototype during the 2004 Toy Fair. He is shown costumed in his outfit from Superman #292 (The Origin of Lex Luthor). His only accessory seems to be a gun bandolier and a belt similar to the Bullseye minimate.

I’m not entirely sure the head is unique enough for my tastes. I mean, the first quick custom I would do is pop off his head and put it on the body of a minimate with a suit, like the Chameleon’s body. I’m not entirely sure the head is unique enough to instantly make him recognizable as Lex Luthor in a suit. And I just gotta have a Lex Luthor in a suit (like in the first Superman movie).

If Lex Luthor is released in the future, I would like to see his face made uniquely Lex. I know this is probably very difficult, and I wouldn’t know where to begin with suggesting changes. Maybe his mouth just looks too big to me, or something. Or maybe he should instead just smirk with a power-hungry gleam in his eye. I don’t know.
The body colors and bandolier look good to me. It would be nice if the gun were made larger and removable, like the Blade and Punisher guns. And one accessory is absolutely essential – a big chunk of Kryptonite that can be held in Lex’s hand. Lex Luthor has only two things going for him as a super-villain, his Kryptonite and his head. If a minimate Lex is made, I hope the makers get both of them right.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger JattaPake said...

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger JattaPake said...

'yo go re' over at the OAF forum left this comment:

"I can't leave a comment (since you have to be registered for a blogger account), but as far as Lex is concerned, remember that he was supposed to be based on his appearance in the animated series - at that point, his otherwise-screwy upper lip is a dead giveaway to who he is.

Gotta say, with so many unproduced Minimates out there, I love the idea of reviewing the ones we were supposed to get, but didn't... "

 

Post a Comment

<< Home