Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Kubricks vs. Minimates #1


This will be the first of many posts in which I compare and contrast Minimates with other toys. For my first post on the topic, I'm going to link to a good article over at Toy News International which reviews the new Wave 3 Kubricks. Kubricks are block toy figures from Japan that seem to have started the entire "block figure" craze. I'm not a fan of Kubricks but I really do admire the breadth of the line. Take a look at the article over here. (Photo by therealjon from TNI).

This wave of Kubricks looks like an improvement over the previous waves. I especially like the Juggernaught. I'm not sure exactly what it is about him that I like but I think he looks fantastic. Maybe it's his broad shoulders that seem to really capture the essence of the character. Of course, when I look at a Kubrick, I immediately size him up for his "custom potential". This is the potential a figure has to be cut up and made into a Minimate custom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home