Saturday, December 03, 2005

Eight Questions with Slythe


The “Eight Questions” column will appear regularly at Minimate Headquarters. In it I interview minimate customizers and other fans of minimates. This interview is with Slythe, maker of this Donkey Kong minimate.

1. Which was the first Minimate you ever purchased?
The first miniMate I ever purchased was the Bark at the Moon Ozzy from the Rock miniMates line. (shameful secret: I so impressed with his design, I used to carry him around in my pocket for months)

2. What is the average length of time in hours does it take for you to make a custom minimate?
Well, I guess on average, 2-3 hours when I'm being lazy.

3. Of the minimates you’ve made, which custom is your absolute favorite?
My fav custom is probably Scorpion with the articulated tail.

4. How much money do you think the average custom minimate is worth?
I have no idea how much the average custom 'Mate is worth, the most I've ever sold one for is $45.

5. Do you own a Gold Spidey?
I do not own a Gold Spidey

6. If all of the Marvel Minimates fought all of the DC Minimates, who would win and why?
Although Batman would kick major ass in the DC vs. Marvel fight, I'd have to give it to Marvel for sheer numbers.

7. What is your best trick or secret for customizing minimates?
Especially when doing new paint apps, try to pick a body/face type that is similar to what you're trying to acheive.

8. White Queen or Catwoman?
Oh, White Queen my friend. White Queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home